Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wall Street Bailout

As I watched Warren Buffet drop a cool $5 billion on Goldman-Sachs I remembered Baron Rothschild's expression "the time to buy is when there is blood in the streets". Well there is blood on Wall Street, so I guess that will suffice. Buffet also knows that Goldman has pulled in it's horns and change its status to bank holding company. That is a much safer investment.

I am not a financier by any means, but this is a good sign to me. It signals that things are bottoming out and buyers are coming in for deals. Now if the government can agree on a fair and regulated infusion of cash to prevent more failures things might be saved from the brink. Once it settles, it will be time to start chopping off the heads of these greedy investment firms and send them packing without their golden parachutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're smart...

Hardy Haberman said...

Thanks, I am just a side line observer. Heavily invested in the personal debt market myself...