Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Way Beyond Edge Play

Warning: This post is pretty graphic, and if you are not a fan of BDSM, or even if you are you might get a bit tweeked by it. Why am I presenting it? Because it shows what I consider to be going "over the edge".

BDSM is not a pathology according to the DSM-IV, however there is a caveat, and that is unless the activities interfere with the life and daily functioning of the patient. Well this gets about as close to that as I can imagine.

Seems a couple of bubbas in North Carolina, both of whom claim to be experienced SM practitioners have been performing castrations in their home dungeon. Evidence was found in their fridge inside tupperwear containers. I will spare you the details, but if you are interested its here in the CourtTV Website.

I guess everyone has to draw the line and this is where I draw mine. Even if this was consensual, the person requesting the castration needs to have a serious talk with a shrink. Self destructive tendancies are not SM, they are illness and have to be treated. The Safe, Sane and Consensual rules really are missing from this. Consensual maybe, but not safe and not sane, either from the Top or bottom perspective.

Surgery, should take place in an operating room, not a basement dungeon. I rarely make pronouncements like this, believing that just because it's not my kink dosen't make it wrong, however...and this is a big however, this is not kink. This is a couple of guys with scalpels who are preying on psychologically disturbed men who want their nuts cut off and making CD's of the proceedure to show on the web. That's just plain exploitation of the sick.

Stepping off my soapbox.

No comments: