Monday, June 16, 2008

Who Is Amy Winehouse And Why Should I Care?

OK, so I guess I have really lost touch with pop-culture. Who the hell is Amy Winehouse and why would a Russian billionaire give her $2million to appear? According to a story in NY Daily News, the performer, who apparently is a singer, showed up for the gig completely blotto (that’s drunk for you under the age of 20).

I would think if I were a pop celebrity, knowing that such fame is fleeting as best I would at least stay sober long enough to pick up a $2 million paycheck for a single nights performance.

According to one report, this celebrity diva staggered through her songs and occasionally flashed the front row with her lack of underwear. Maybe that is why she is famous? God knows the world can always use another sleazy pole-dancer.

The above post has no known Associated Press content.

No comments: