Thursday, September 18, 2008

GOP Senator Says Palin Not Ready To Lead

Anyone who has read my blog more than once knows I have little respect for most Republicans. I feel that they have become a party of "privateers" intent on a gangster-like takeover of our government and country.

That said, I have always admired a couple of them. Chuck Hagel (R-NE) is one. He has a genuine conservative outlook and has not been blinded by the neocon ideology. Unfortunately, Hagel is retiring this year and will no longer be a voice of moderation in the Senate.

I guess that leaves him able to really speak truth to power. In an interview he was asked about Sarah Palin's credentials to become Vice President. Hagel said of Palin, “I think it’s a stretch to, in any way, to say that she’s got the experience to be president of the United States."

When asked about her foreign policiy experience he responded with a damning indictment of McCain's campaign strategy.

“I think they ought to be just honest about it and stop the nonsense about, ‘I look out my window and I see Russia and so therefore I know something about Russia,’” he said. “That kind of thing is insulting to the American people.”

Finally, someone who can look at this situation and really call it what it is, an insult!

No comments: