Tuesday, July 10, 2007

An Open Letter to Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison

Senator Hutchison,

A man who should stand for integrity in our government has been caught lying to Congress again. Alberto Gonzales said in testimony to Congress, "There has not been one verified case of civil liberties abuse," on April 27, 2005. The FBI has released information that he was informed of at least a half-dozen cases of abuse of the Patriot Act including unauthorized surveillance 6 days prior to his testimony.

How many more lies are you willing to allow this man to tell the American people before you ask him to resign?

I know you will send me a form letter that eschews this issue entirely, but I feel I have to keep writing until you eventually face the reality that Alberto Gonzales and indeed the entire Bush Administration are pathological in their lying.

Please, please do your job and demand oversight. Do your job and provide the all important checks and balances enumerated in our Constitution.

Sincerely,

Hardy Haberman

(The above letter was sent to Senator Hutchison today. I will reprint her response, though I can only assume it will be a form letter that fails to address my question.)

No comments: