Friday, May 14, 2010

President Obama Weighs in on BP Fiasco at Hearings

If you saw any of the testimony on Capitol Hill by the execs from BP and their vendors you probably feel as frustrated as I do.  Nice to see our president shares that frustration.  Here's President Obama's quote:
I know BP has committed to pay for the response effort, and we will hold them to their obligation.  I have to say, though, I did not appreciate what I considered to be a ridiculous spectacle during the congressional hearings into this matter.  You had executives of BP and Transocean and Halliburton falling over each other to point the finger of blame at somebody else.  The American people could not have been impressed with that display, and I certainly wasn’t.   
I understand that there are legal and financial issues involved, and a full investigation will tell us exactly what happened.  But it is pretty clear that the system failed, and it failed badly.  And for that, there is enough responsibility to go around.  And all parties should be willing to accept it.

1 comment:

Halfbreed said...

This is in my Waterfront Yard in Port Richey,FL. Bush and Cheney should have to drink it, along with the 'Drill Baby Drill'crowd. It was just a matter of time. Hope you like murcury tainted fresh
water catfish.
Chuck