Sunday, July 15, 2007

Marines Urged to Perform Beatings in Iraq

After reading of the testimony of a Marine corporal during the murder trial of Cpl. Trent D. Thomas, I am sick. The witness told of being instructed to "crank up the violence level", by his superiors. This meant beating Iraqi's and other violence was being encouraged. According to the witness Cpl. Saul H. Lopezromo, this soured him on the Marines.

No doubt it soured him! More over it sours me on the superiors who are ordering this kind of illegal and inhuman action. I can only think that the "cranking up the violence" will do nothing but crank up the insurgency. What the hell are these guys thinking?

Sounds like the command wants more Abu Ghraib style scandals, and for the life of me I can;t see how that will do anything but prolong this nightmare. The only thing I can figure is that's what the Bush administration wants. More war means more profits for defense suppliers, and after all, that's who Bush works for.

No comments: