Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Right Wing Talk Show Host Says McCain Would Be Just More Bush!

Things in "Right Wing World" must be getting pretty bad when even conservative talk show hosts are telling the truth! Yesterday far-right talker Michael Smerconish was sitting in for Bill O'Reilly. He opened a segment by saying, “I’m going to tell you something else many of you are not going to want to hear."

"We’ve squandered resources in Iraq."

Then, he went on to detail why John McCain would be just acontinuation of the failed Bush presidency.

"To the extent that John McCain is representative of a continuation of the current Bush policy, I think it’s a huge impediment to his campaign for President of the United States. And I told him so. My feelings about this issue are so strenuous, are so strong, that it may represent a break point between yours truly and the Republican party in terms of the candidate on the top of the ticket. … I have never voted for a Democrat for President. I could do it on the strength of this issue alone because of my disagreement with the Administration and my fear that John McCain represents more of the same."

Think Progress has more and a video clip. Watch it and just imagine a talk show host saying this a few years ago. Unthinkable.

No comments: