Saturday, January 26, 2008

Obama Wins S.C. By A Landslide!

Watching the Obama victory speech in South Carolina, I was very encouraged. Not just because I feel Obama is the best candidate in the field of Democrats right now, but because I saw so many young faces in the crowd at his rally. I have not seen this kind of participation by young people since I was a child. Back then it was John F. Kennedy who energized the youth of America, and though I was just a kid, I still remember him speaking and stirring something in myself as well.

Obama’s win was a landslide, and the number of voters more than doubled the total number of voters in the last presidential primary in South Carolina. That shows the energy he brings to the party and if we are going to take back our country, we will need that kind of energy and participation. I hope Super Tuesday is another such victory for Obama.

No comments: