Friday, November 09, 2007

Tom Delay Still Lying About Health Care - Big Time!

Tom Delay was bad enough when he was the Speaker of the House, now he is speaking on the road and he is still a lying sack of poo. At a recent engagement in the UK, Delay stated the following:

“By the way, there’s no one denied health care in America. There are 47 million people who don’t have health insurance, but no American is denied health care in America.”

The crowd laughed derisively at the ludicrous lie. And here is why:

"Observers estimate that anywhere from one to 18 percent of Americans are denied health insurance because of pre-existing health conditions. These conditions can range from heart disease to high cholesterol to yeast infections to being too skinny. "

As a person who was recently denied insurance coverage because I had a slightly high reading on a glucose tolerance test. Not diabetes or pre-diabetes but just one elevated number was enough to throw me into the “High Risk Pool”. This means if I want to pay 3 times the rate of anyone else in the state I can get insurance. For me it would be approximately $1500 a month! Might as well just deny it, but no, in Texas we have this phony pool so the insurance companies can lie and pretend that they do have insurance available for everyone. If I could afford $1500 a month for health insurance I wouldn’t need it. I could self-insure and that is what I have to do.

Now back to Mr. Poo Sack. He began his speech by predicted that if a Democrat is elected president in 2008, he or she would seek to install a universal health care, similar to the system in Britain. The crown applauded thunderously!

So Mr. Delay, shut up and head back to Texas so you can be prosecuted for whatever charges Ron Earl can dig up on you!

No comments: