Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Senator Fiengold Asks Bush To Explain Signing Statement Regarding Opening Mail Without A Warrant

I wish Russ Fiengold was my senator, instead I have that Bush lapdog Kay Bailey Hutchinson who is a rubber stamp for any Bush initiative. Senator Fiengold, on the other hand, has shown some balls and wrote our criminal-in-chief a letter demanding to know the details of Bush’s latest signing statement. That’s the one that gives him the ability to open the mail without a warrant. I call it the "ability" as opposed to the "right" since the whole issue is suspect and most likely unconstitutional.

I can only hope to see more of these kinds of calls from the Democrats and in the future a reversal of the sweeping powers claimed by Bush. His authority, at least according to Alberto Gonzales, is one of a "unitary executive", a term that disguises the more proper term, "dictator".

No comments: