Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Retailers back Warner combo DVD

In a move that I am intensely interested in Warner Home Video has decided to publish its new titles in both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD on the same disk. As a producer, I have been watching this struggle for a while and waiting before jumping in with both feet into the HD pool. This move is welcomed by retailers who have been working to convince consumers to upgrade their DVD players to one of the new HD formats.

Right now I record all my HD programs on digital tape format, and have yet to release anything for the public in a HD version. My hope is that this will not deteriorate into a Betamax/VHS war and a format will be settled on soon.

For those who have not gone to HDTV yet, let me tell you it's worth every penny. The experience is well beyond conventional video.

No comments: