Friday, October 13, 2006

More Sex Scandals In The GOP

I have a little shadenfreude about the Mark Foley thing I admit it, but in the great scheme of things it makes me sad. Foley, a closeted gay man, was living a sham life and acted out by going after vulnerable young men. I do not excuse his behavior, it’s not tolerable, but I understand the reasons he did it.

That said, it seems that the party that waved the flag of decency for so long is finally being examined to see if they live by their words. In other words, do the walk the walk. The answer would seem to be a resounding NO in many cases.

The Washington Post has a list of sex scandal tainted Republicans who are vulnerable because of their actions this year and they all deserve to be examined closely. Remember that this is the party that wraps itself in "family values" and moral decency. They have to be able to withstand the harsh light of examination if they are to uphold that cause. Otherwise, and this is what I really believe, they are just opportunistic hypocrites playing the Fundamentalists for patsies.

No comments: