Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rand Paul Advocates Mountain Top Removal Coal Mining. No Seriously He Does!

Rand Paul is becoming an endless font of delightful quotes. The latest from this joker was found by the website Crooks and Liars. Appropriately, Paul who is running in Kentucky for US Senate was asked about the destructive process of "mountaintop removal" hat is used in coal mining. This process causes a host of ecological problems as well as just plan raping the landscape.

Paul's comment...(Drum roll please)
I think whoever owns the property can do with the property as they wish, and if the coal company buys it from a private property owner and they want to do it, fine. The other thing I think is that I think coal gets a bad name, because I think a lot of the land apparently is quite desirable once it’s been flattened out. As I came over here from Harlan, you’ve got quite a few hills. I don’t think anybody’s going to be missing a hill or two here and there.

No comments: