Monday, March 29, 2010

More on the "Christian" Militia

These holy warriors in Michigan I wrote about earlier have been charged with plotting to murder a policeman. The insidious part of their plot was that they planned to attack his funeral and kill more police there. It was part of their holy war on the US Government.

Now as many of you know, I am a convert to Christianity, and us converts are usually the most zealous but I can find no mention of killing police and attacking funerals as part of any mandate given to Jesus' followers. Oh yes there was that part about feeding the hungry, healing the sick, visiting the captive, I got all that and try to follow it as best as I can. For the life of me I just can't find his statement about suckering law enforcement officials into a funeral so you can slaughter them.

What the hell is wrong with these guys? The industrial strength crazy that they espouse has nothing to do with the Bible or Jesus. This is what happens when you get way too bogged down in radical fundamentalism. Trying the parse every word in the Bible and follow it to the letter results in complete wacko-ism.

The right wing in this country is looking more and more like the Taliban. Pray for sanity!

No comments: