Saturday, March 20, 2010

Last Night at the Eagle

Well I figured something was up since I got four separate invites to Vince Andrew's book signing at the Dallas Eagle last night. Vince is President of NLA-I and a good friend so I went to support him. And if you haven't got it yet his book, The Leatherboy's Handbook is well worth it!

The event was early in the evening so the place was not too busy. My partner and I stayed out on the patio and I shared a cigar with several members of Dallas Leather Corps and some NLA-Dallas members. The big even of the evening would be later as the Lone Star Bear run arrived.

Vince spoke for a bit and then he gave a brief history of Sandy "Mama" Reinhardt's Family. That group is mainly title holders in the leather community and they number in the thousands across the country and around the world.

She has been a leader for many years and very active as a fundraiser with events like her annual Breast Cancer Dinners, LeatherWalk (for the AIDS Emergency Fund & the Breast Cancer Emergency Fund) and Toy Drive for Camp Sunburst, a program for children and families affected living with HIV/AIDS.

Then he said that Mama had authorized him to bring a new member into the family, and he looked at me!

I am proud to say I am now officially part of Mama's Family and was given the title of "Mama's Texas Daddy". What a wonderful surprise!

Following the pinning ( and it was not a traditional "Texas" pinning, but still an honor) Vince gave me the honor of shining my boots. Nice treat after such a great surprise!

1 comment:

blackleatherbookshelf said...

Congratulations to you for the honor!