Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Microsoft Steals Code And Admits It!

For years folks in the geeky set have suspected that Microsoft appropriates code from other developers and finally someone has proven it. Juku, Microsoft's new micro-blogging software turns out to be an exact copy of Plurk. To be fair it turns out a Chinese vendor hired by Microsoft copied the Plurk code to build Juku.

On the good side, Microsoft has fessed up to the theft and has shut down Juku indefinitely. I suspect they will just buy Plurk instead, that's the Microsoft business model from what I can tell.
Now if they can just find a way to replace Vista on my computer with a good operating system I would be content.

This once again shows that the term "R&D" in China means "receive and duplicate".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hardy, great article and great exposure to what happens when an enterprise goes to extremes. BTW, I am trying to reach you ASAP for advice on video system. Please contact me right away. Thanks - Ivan Fenwick (Errant Knight of the Dallas Leather Knights) feniva2002@yahoo.com 9134883729