Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Palin's Fashion Shopping Spree - $150,000+ On New Clothes Courtesy Of The RNC

One thing you have to say about Sarah Palin is she dresses well. Always appearing in a smart fashionable outfit at her appearances she or her advisers have quite a good fashion sense. The problem is she is running as a "gee-whiz home town gal" and as far as I know those kind of "real Americans" don't regularly buy all their outfits from Sak's Fifth Avenue or Neiman-Marcus.

Now I have nothing against Neimans, a Dallas institution where I often went with my mother as a child. I myself have bought cloths from Sak's and other high end retailers occasionally. But here is the problem. Palin is posing as a small town gal with middle class values. How middle class is wearing a new outfit every day and spending an average of $2,500 per day on wardrobe?

It will become a big headache for the Republicans to explain why Palin is running up $75,000 bills at Neiman Marcus and $50,000 at Sak's when they famously criticized John Edwards $400 haircut. Joe Sixpack could feed his family and pay his bills for a couple of years with that kind of money. Who looks elitist now?

No comments: