Wednesday, August 13, 2008

George & Laura Divorce Rumor Again!

Fresh from a trip to China and now off on a vacation to the ranch in Crawford, Texas, President Bush still has not responded to the rumors surrounding his apparently rocky relationship with his wife. The cover of the tabloids once again blared the headline that Laura and George are sleeping in separate bedrooms. I have to wonder how long they will remain together after their time the White House is over?

I first figured out the story was heating up again when the stats on my blog began to skyrocket specifically in searches for "George & Laura Divorce". Ever since the Enquirer broke the John Edwards scandal, I am giving a little more credence to these supermarket rumor rags.

I have heard through friends that Laura has been in contact with a realtor in Highland Park, a Dallas suburb, looking for her own house. Add this to a comment from the First Lady when questioned about whether she was going to live on the ranch in Crawford after the White House, she was reported to say, "George might, but I am living in Dallas".

That little blurb was confirmed by the President himself at a fundraiser when he said, "Laura's over there trying to buy a house … I like Crawford, but apparently after eight years of sacrifice, I am no longer the decision-maker."

No comments: