Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Big Foot Body - Just A Gorilla Suit In A Beer Cooler

From the moment I saw the alleged "bigfoot" that was frozen in a beer cooler, I knew exactly what it was. In his book "Blink", Malcolm Gladwell talks about thin-slicing. Basically, it is the ability to make a snap decision based on a very small set of data, yet having surprisingly accurate outcomes. In other words the science of intuition.

"It's a frozen gorilla suit", I thought to myself. I've seen too many rubber gorillas in the movies and in costume shops to buy the veracity of the find. Well guess what?

It's a frozen gorilla suit!

The hollow head and rubber feet gave it away, yet it took scientists a few days of thawing to come to that conclusion. Perhaps they had too much data?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was all in good fun, though, right?