Saturday, December 08, 2007

John Lennon - 27 Years Ago Today.

"Give peace a chance." That was the message from John Lennon who was tragically gunned down 27 years ago today. His body of work, both with the Beatles and as a solo artist was amazing and every time I hear one of his songs I remember the funny, outrageous and talented musician he was.

Strange how I found myself many years later eating lunch with his son, Julian at the Studios at Las Colinas in Dallas. My office used to be on the studio lot and Julian and his band were rehearsing there. I was walking to the commissary one afternoon and a spunky kid on a skateboard passed by. Julian was headed there, too. I had no idea who he was until the waiter called him Mr. Lennon. Imagine that.

Today, I find myself remembering one of my favorite Lennon songs, Imagine, and I know we all need to hear it again. Thanks John, for everything.

No comments: