Friday, October 05, 2007

Blogging From Austin This Weekend

This weekend I am in Austin, Texas. Not only is the city the capitol of Texas, it’s the capitol of funkiness in Texas. From the eclectic cafes to the ubiquitous live music, Austin has a character that is decidedly unlike any other city in Texas. I don’t know if it’s the waters of the Colorado River that flows through the center of town or the crunchy-granola vibe that emanates from the University of Texas. Whatever it is the city is both charming and absolutely maddening.

The streets are in a continual state of “under construction” and everyone drives like my grandmother. No one in Austin wears real fashion, just a hodgepodge of slacker wear, sandals and an occasional rumpled suit. Such is the laid back scene here. It’s as though Berkley, California was dropped right in the middle of the Bible Belt. You gotta love that dichotomy.

I am here for the Central Texas Boys of Leather anniversary party. These “boys” are all adult before anyone gets any odd ideas, and they invited me to come down and give a class of one of my favorite BDSM activities. I will spare the uninitiated the details, but suffice to say it will be fun!

No comments: