Thursday, July 05, 2007

Blogging From The Society of American Magicians Convention In Dallas

So I am reliving some of my childhood this week. I was a magician in my younger years and at the suggestion of a couple of friends who are still in the magic fraternity, I am attending the Society of American Magicians annual convention in Dallas. The organization has been around for many years, in fact Harry Houdini was the first president.

I attended a couple of lectures today and prowled around the trade show vendors mart. Yes, there is a trade show for magicians. Where else would they get their new effects? (that's tricks in magi-speak)

I still do a little prestidigitation for friends, so I have loaded up on a few new gadgets. Also having a good time visiting with the folks who I remember from my youth. A few are still around!

Tonight and every night through Saturday there are big stage shows at the Majestic Theatre in downtown. These are open to the public, and if you are in Dallas check it out. Some performances will be very good and some will be just OK, but it will be fun I guarantee.

No comments: