Monday, February 26, 2007

Laura Bush Wants $10 Million Divorce Settlement - Or Not?

I guess Bat Boy must be dead, otherwise why would the Globe keep running stories on the Bush divorce? I saw the screaming headline today that Laura wants $10 million as a settlement. As usual with the Globe no sources are sited and the whole thing smacks of fiction, but its persistence is interesting.

As I mentioned in an earlier post this kind of tabloid story indicates that the Bush family is now fair game in the minds of the average tabloid reader, (AKA Americans). It also might, just might contain a smidgen of truth.

Several months ago a story circulated in Washington that Laura was staying at the Mayflower hotel. That’s down the street from the White House. Several bloggers including Wonkette and myself speculated that this might be a result of the rumor about George Bush and Condi Rice. If you remember she has on occasion referred to him in a Freudian slip as "my husband".

So do I really believe it? I will if I see the divorce papers, but otherwise it’s just the Globe doing the Bat Boy story with a different name, in other words fiction. Does it amuse me? You betcha! Bush is a pretty poor president, but he can be a source of endless amusement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um it is getting rather silly ......... bush walks out, laura walks out, fights, too much alcohol ,another woman , divorce papers , What's next ?



Its more or less predictable..

Anonymous said...

i think that she should after all that he has put her through giving her a bad rep is not cool if he wants a bad rep then he is better off getting it on his own time not hers and and not our nations time

Anonymous said...

I DON'T KNOW BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY BUT WHO IN HIS RIGHT MIND WANTS TO BE MARRIED TO ANY MEMBER OF THE BUSH FAMILY? CAN YOU IMAGINE THE STRESS LAURA WAS UNDER JUST TO PUT UP WITH FAMILY NOT TO MENTION ALL THE OBLIGATIONS AS FIRST LADY?