Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Parents Appaled At Kids Parties Out-Of-Control

Another no-brainer story. Seems parents are finally realizing that their kids’ parties are out of control. Picking up 7-year olds in a stretch limo for a birthday party, it seems is over the top. I’d say so!

What gets me is why parents are surprised and feel that they have no control of the situation. They are the parents, and it’s their job to control the situation. So what if FAO Schwartz has a $25,000 Sleepover party available. Don’t buy it for your little brats or they will grow up to be over-privileged asshole like their parents. We have a whole generation of effete snob kids being raised by social climbing parents. Now the parents wonder why their kids constantly expect more and more. I guess this just shows how money and intelligence do not necessarily go hand in hand.

I’ll bet that if you took a survey of these jokers who are throwing money at their kids instead of raising them you’d fine them to be politically right wing. I can tell you from personal experience that the last time I saw a bratty kid throwing a temper tantrum in the parking lot of a mall, they got into a car with a "W" sticker on the back. Serves you right "family values" voters.

Personally, I was glad to have a simple birthday party with paper hats and a piñata as a kid. I remember them fondly and all my friends seemed to have fun, especially when one of them missed the piñata and hit my cousin in the groin. It doesn’t get any better than that.

1 comment:

Sheesh Kabeesh said...

Hello there - I totally agree with your comments expressed in your post. All that is needed for a successful childrens party is some jelly and a handful of games

chin chin!

Montegue Blister
(author of strange games)
http://strange-games.blogspot.com/