Sunday, January 28, 2007

Kucinich Warns Bush Of Impeachment

Dennis Kucinich has never done much to excite me as far as a presidential candidate, but his statement yesterday about Bush’s being "up to his old tricks" really got my attention. He used the "I" word, and that was a first. Could the Democratic Party be awakening after its long slumber?

He made a long statement about the Bush administration building up the misinformation towards an Iranian offensive. That seems to be very true to me. Bush is beating the drums loudly on Iran, but what Kucinich sad last was the kicker.

"The degree to which this President continues to take steps to go to war against Iran without consulting with the full Congress is the degree to which he is increasingly putting himself in jeopardy of an impeachment proceeding."

I might have to start looking at him seriously as a presidential candidate now.

No comments: