Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Perry Looks Lame During Debate

I only watched a few moments of the "Tea Bagger Debate" last night, but that's all it took to see that Rick Perry is not looking as good as he did.  As I suspected the more you know about him the less appealing he looks, even to the "true believers" at the debate.

When Michele Bachmann hammered him on the HPV vaccine issue, saying  he forced vaccinations for teenage girls because the vaccine maker, Merck donated to Perry's campaign, all he could do was get indignant.

"It was a $5,000 contribution that I had received from them. I raise about $30 million. And if you’re saying that I can be bought for $5,000, I’m offended.”

Bachmann snapped back, "Well, I’m offended for all the little girls and the parents that didn’t have a choice.”

Perry was pretty much on the defensive all night.

Meanwhile the crowd showed its true colors when Wolf Blitzer posed the hypothetical question whether a very sick 30-year-old man who had refused to get health insurance should be left to die. The Tea Baggers began shouting "Yeah!"

I was horrified and turned the television off.  If that is the kind of citizen who supports the GOP, then the Republican Party has lost any shred of soul it may have had.  As my grandfather once said, "if I ever touched the polling lever for the Republicans, it would burn my fingers." Amen Mr. Rambo, Amen!

No comments: