Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day - Hug A Gay Vet Today

As the Obama Administration curiously defends Don't Ask Don't Tell in the Supreme Court, the rest of the country celebrates Veteran's Day.  The irony is not lost on me.

I have several friends who are veterans and I sincerely appreciate their service for our country, what I appreciate even more is that they served despite being gay and served honorably and a few were even decorated.  Funny that as long as men and women in the military lie about their sexual orientation everything is peachy.  It is an outrage that they must do so!

The lame duck Congress has a unique opportunity to do something to right this wrong, but I am not holding my breath.  So far Obama talks a good game, but refuses to let DADT die in the court or to issue an Executive Order to change it.  Sad state of affairs on this Veteran's Day when we remember and honor the men and women who served so valiantly.

No comments: