Friday, February 05, 2010

Creating Change Notes - Friday Afternoon

Well, after a short tri to the X-ray guys, I made it to Creating Change. The keynote by Rea Carey was great. She took a few well needed jabs at President Obama and then acknowledged the passage of the Hate Crimes Bill. More to the point she encouraged everyone to become ambassadors for the movement. Talking to people each week about who we are and why we need to have the same rights as everyone else.

I also attended a workshop on Sexual Liberation that was interesting. I am glad to see sex becoming part of the LGBT movement again. For a long time activists seemed like eunuchs and it was not PC to talk about sex. Assimilation was the vogue, but I am glad to say that detour is behind many of us.

Tomorrow much more in the way of workshops and speeches, and then Sunday I get an award! (download the nifty poster with me on it here.)
Anyone interested, please attend the Leather Caucus this Saturday at 6:00 pm. It should be fun and enlightening.

1 comment:

Zelda Rose said...

Congratulations on the award!