Monday, August 17, 2009

More Republican Lies About Health Care Reform

I guess when you don't have a valid argument you just have to make stuff up?

Roy Blunt, House Republican from the Show Me State (Missouri) needs someone to show him the truth so he can stop lying. This from the St. Louis Post Dispatch:
“I’m 59,” Mr. Blunt said last week during a meeting with Post-Dispatch reporters and editors. “In either Canada or Great Britain, if I broke my hip, I couldn’t get it replaced.”
We fact-checked that. At least 63 percent of hip replacements performed in Canada last year and two-thirds of those done in England were on patients age 65 or older. More than 1,200 in Canada were done on people older than 85.
Stop lying Mr. Blunt. Americans are sick and dying because of our broken health care system and you can't even tell the truth?

No comments: