Wednesday, January 14, 2009

PETA Goes Off The Deep End - Fish Are Now "Sea Kittens"!

PETA, that wonderful group who goes around splashing red paint on fur has come up with the strangest idea yet. They have decided people would treat fish differently if they "re-branded" them as "sea kittens". I am not joking!

In a quote on Huffington Post:
"A lot of people don't realize that fish are capable of feeling fear and pain, that they develop relationships with each other, and even show affection by gently rubbing against one another," says Ashley Byrne, PETA's sea kitten campaign co-ordinator. "Knowing that the fish sticks in the school cafeteria are really made out of tortured sea kittens makes most kids want to lose their lunch."
Excuse me, but PETA makes me want to lose my lunch. I will remember this next time I have a California Roll with raw sea kitten. Puleeze!

These folks started out with good goals, preventing animals from being unnecessarily tortured for frivolous research. However, they have become militant vegans whose message is so muddled with ideas like "re-branding" fish that they are easy to dismiss.

Meanwhile I will continue to feed my real kittens, fish, not "sea kittens".

No comments: