Thursday, January 15, 2009

Live Blogging - Bush Says Goodbye - Finally!

I am watching the LAST Presidential Address by George W. Bush and I am underwhelmed as usual. He is speaking before an invited audience, once again papering the house with assured positive responses.

He is giving best wishes to President Elect Obama and in the same breath thanks VP Cheney. Kind of makes me feel dirty hearing those two names in the same sentences.

He said he remembers the "first time I addressed you from this house, September 11, 2001". Funny that he didn't give any addresses prior to that day?

It is no surprise he mentions 9/11 since that is all he has going for him, and his response to it has been a dismal failure. The legacy is abridged human rights, less privacy, torture and an illegal war.
You betcha I will remember you Mr. Bush.

Update: Blah, blah, blah. Thank our military...blah, blah, blah...terrorists, fanatics...blah, blah!

Freedom, God, blah, blah, blah.

I could have phoned this speech in and done a better job.

Update: He just patted himself on the back for rescuing the economy! Say what?

Now he is saying he has always had the best interest of the country in all his decisions. Followed by more talk of terrorists and attacks. He is really a "one trick pony"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree....FINALLY!

Carlla