Friday, September 12, 2008

Michael Douglas To Play Liberace In Upcoming Movie

Better stock up on makeup and hairspray would be my advice to the producers of an upcoming bio-pic on Liberace. The diamond encrusted pianist and entertainer is going to be played by Michael Douglas according to reports.

Growing up as a budding pianist and still latent gay man, I idolized Liberace for his flamboyance while playing and his signature style in classical music. My piano teacher would often have to remind me that there was no audience watching as I played for her, and she constantly told me to stop raising my hands so far from the keys. Damn I must have been dramatic!

The film will explore Liberace's personal life and rumors are that Matt Damon will play his alleged lover Scott Thornson. I can only imagine the scene with him and Douglas together! Get out the candelabras!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check IMDb for updates on this:

Michael Douglas To Play Liberace (From WENN. 11 September 2008, 9:13 AM, PDT)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0508766/news#ni0564817

richard h.
fort worth, tx, usa