Saturday, November 17, 2007

Back From Orlando - Boy Are My Legs Sore!

Well I survived the IAAPA convention and trade show. That is the Amusement Park convention to those who don't know. It is a zoo, but fun. The convention center in Orlando is about a 1/4 mile square and was full to overflowing with exhibits and suppliers.

Full sized rides set up both inside and outside. Free food, all fried of course, and lots of noise. After standing for 4 days and walking my ass off (unfortunately not literally) I am glad to be back in Dallas.

Didn't make it to any of the theme parks in Orlando, but I did get away one night to watch Nightmare Before Christmas in Disney Digital 3-D. That is a must see! The movie was not shot in 3-D but they used a very sophisticated conversion process to make it that way and it rocks. I suspect it took many thousands of hours to do it. Also saw a preview of a new live action movie shot in Digital 3-D that will be out in the spring. Also eye popping and fun.

I got some good business leads and made valuable contacts and caught up with a lot of old friends. Overall a good time. No pics, since they would not let cameras on the floor! (suppliers are so worried about their new ideas I guess)

Speaking of new ideas, I saw several cool new rides. I'll give descriptions soon.

No comments: