Monday, April 09, 2007

Storm Chasing In The Texas Panhandle

Well last week my partner and I went storm chasing on Thursday, March 28. We ended up in the Texas panhandle just a few miles from Palo Duro Canyon, and basically out in the middle of nowhere. Thanks to my partners forecasting skills, we were at the right spot at the right time and nature put on a great show. We say 4 tornadoes and a half dozen more wall clouds hat never quite reached critical mass.

The pictures below were taken just before sunset looking west toward Cap Rock Canyon. We couldn't get closer because there aren't any roads that went where we needed. He also got HD video of this storm and on the big screen it was stunning!

Hope you enjoy these shots, sorry it took so long to post them.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I sure wish I'd been there with you. I also can't wait to see the HD video!!

-Dave S