Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Deep in the Heart of Texas

So most of the folks I hang out with are celebrating the resignation of Tom DeLay. The only thing that will be better than this news is the photos of him doing the perp-walk as they cart him away for money laundering. Now I have nothing personal against old Tom, except that he is part of the bigger problem that is the Republican party.

Far from the big tent they claim, these guys have systematically tried to divide the American public and discriminate against a variety of scapegoats du jour. Being gay, and a progressive, I have little voice in the politics of this great state, so living here (native Texan, by the way) is sort of like being in a strange low-security prison. You can go to work, and live your life, you just don't have any say in anything remotely political.

I suspect many of the people who read this blog came here to find kinky news and info, and I am as kinky as the next leatherman, but the truth of the matter is the web is littered with kink. Most of it is fantasy and far from the real world, but that's OK as long as it stays a fantasy. For me, I live out most of my fantasies that involve anything sexual or BDSM, so what I am looking for online is opinion and truth. That is what I hope to fill this blog with and with your help, we can spread useful information to other BDSM/kinky people across the country.

Politics? You bet. In my opinion, what we as leatherfolk do is radical sexuality, and on the fringe of societal acceptability. That makes us somewhat Sexual Outlaws (borrowing that term from John Reichy) and so almost everything we do is a radical political act. To go against the norms of a society so fixated on sex as the United States, you are committing a revolutionary act, and to that end I am writing this blog.

Play safe, sane and consensual.

Yours in leather,

Hardy Haberman

1 comment:

SecretLove said...

I have come to be a big fan and follower of this blog. I appreciate your opinions and look forward to reading you every day.

I find you extremely well informed, intelligent and.....well, you knew this was coming.....VERY sexy. I like the visual I'm getting of you as a "Sexual Outlaw" - leather chaps and your "six-shooter" in your hand. :-)

Thank you Hardy - please keep bringing the truth and your charm to this little corner of the web.