Monday, February 13, 2012

RIP - Whitney Houston

Her voice always sent chills through me, in later years her life did the same thing.  It will probably come as no surprise that Whitney Houston may have died from alcohol and prescription drugs. Still, it makes the sad truth that she will no longer be heard except in recordings and movies all the more upsetting.

Whitney struggled with addiction for much of her adult life and if toxicology reports confirm the fact, she might have died in that struggle.  I only hope her journey can serve as some kind of object lesson to burgeoning talent.  Great talent like hers and Amy Winehouse and so many others brought us all such joy, yet their lives were plagued with troubles.  If I sound like I am struggling with this I am. 

Suffice to say, Whitney will be missed by all who loved her music. May she find the peace now she never could in life.

No comments: