Saturday, July 23, 2011

Oslo Tragedy May Be Work Of Radical Christian Fundamentalist

From an eyewitness account or the shooting at the children's camp:
"I heard screams. I heard people begging for their lives and I heard shots, Erik Kursetgjerde said. "He just blew them away. I was certain I was going to die ... People ran everywhere. They panicked and climbed into trees. People got trampled ... [He] would tell people to come over, 'It's OK, you're safe, we're coming to help you.' And then I saw about 20 people come towards him and he shot them at close range." 
With that image in my head I was very saddened to see that the shooter who may also be directly related to the bombing attack on Oslo was a far-right Christian Fundamentalist. He is said to have very conservative political views and was vehemently anti-Muslim. Anders Behring Breivik is in custody and charged with the shootings on Utoya island where the camp was built.  He came into the camp wearing a police uniform.

Very tragic situation.

No comments: