Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Snow Day

So I ended up trapped at home yesterday, though having my partner there and two warm cats made things agreeable. Today was a different story. Temperatures here in Dallas have dropped into the teens, and therefore, very little of the ice has melted on local streets. Highways seem pretty passable if you are careful, but getting to them is a task for the US Figure Skating Team.

I managed to get my partner to the light rail station, since his office is walking distance that seemed like a good idea. Problem is, DART (our light rail) was being affected by the rolling power outages that Oncore has started, so the trains were an hour late. Nice cold wait on the elevated platform for him.

Meanwhile, I went to my office only to find they had closed for the day. At least I can get some work done uninterrupted this way. I have a warm office, lots of coffee and a working computer (which won't work at home for some reason. So, tonight, I will put on my best Johnny Weir outfit and skate over to my partner's coffee and pick him up for the slide home.

Did I say I hate cold weather?

No comments: