Saturday, February 19, 2011

20% of People Don't Know Bareback Sex Can Spread HIV

All the work we did trying to educate gay and bisexual men about safer sex seems to have been for nothing, and that pisses me off.  I read a recent poll in the UK where one in five people did not k ow AIDS/HIV could be transmitted through bareback sex.  Though I haven't seen the figures here, I would hazard to guess it's even higher.

Furthermore only one in 10 adults could identify all the ways AIDS could be transmitted.  That's just sad.

AIDS could have been eradicated in a generation if people listened to the Safer-Sex message, but I guess human beings are just too damned stupid, or perhaps it's because the frigging fundamentalists don't want accurate information about condoms out there, and so the real message gets muddled in a fog of misinformation.

Either way, it's disturbing.

No comments: