Thursday, October 14, 2010

Christine O'Donnell, Deleware Senate Candidate - "What I believe is irrelevant."

If only it weren't so Christine.  What you believe is absolutely relevant to everything in this race for Senate. 

Now why did she say this?  Well in the debate with Chris Coons, her Democratic opponent, O'Donnell was asked by Wolf Blitzer if she believed in evolution.  Her answer was, "What I believe is irrelevant." What she meant was, "please don't ask me questions that might make me look like a kook."  Well, you can dress up a kook, but she is still a kook.

She got a nice softball question about which Supreme Court decisions she disagreed with.  Much like Sarah Palin she came back with a befuddled and vapid reply.  "Right off the top of my head, I know there are a lot...I'll put them on my website."  In other words, "Supreme Court?  How am I supposed to know that? I'll get my people to come up with something and print it later."

O'Donnell, the GOP candidate for this race to fill Joe Biden's seat in the Senate won because of voter apathy, she beat the favored Republican candidate and now the GOP has to live with her.  Her opponent, Castle says he is staying out of the contest, in other words, "you are on your own."  Now it is up to the voters o Delaware to decide whether they want a Senator or an "everywoman" to represent them.  O'Donnell is cute and perky and seems nice enough, but she is so far out of her league in politics that she will be eaten for breakfast in the Senate. Delaware will be ill represented by her and I sincerely hope its citizens come to their senses and elect Chris Coons.

No comments: