Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Rupert Murdoch Considers Buying Texas Rangers

OK I admit it I like baseball.  Oh, I don't play the sport but going to The Ballpark (it will always be "The Ballpark" to me and not Ameriquest Field) and watching a game live is one of life's great pleasures.  Baseball on TV?  Fagetaboutit!  Boring shot of pitcher and catcher and baseball is more than that.  The action in the outfield and how players prepare for different hitters is fascinating and something just never seen on TV.  Also you can't get ballpark hot dogs at home, not the real thing at least.

Now after suffering through a heap of guilt every time I went to a Rangers game when George Bush owned the team now I will have to just eschew any Rangers games at all.  Rumor has it Rupert Murdoch is considering purchasing the team, and when the owner of News Corp/aka FOX News takes over, I am stepping to the sidelines.

I know it won't make any difference my being at a game or not, but I just won't feel right about it.  Maybe I will be able to compartmentalize it like I do watching 20th Century Fox movies? 

No comments: