Sunday, July 04, 2010

A-Team Tries to Thrill. Fails!

What was I expecting?  Well I figured it would be a campy send up of the A-Team that would have a good story with a few self conscious nods to the old series.  As it began, I had high hopes.  The just in the nick of time rescue and the reappearance of the A-Team van worked into a somewhat plausible story.  Unfortunately that was just the credits.  From there it went downhill, or at least into far left field quickly.

Why the writers had to include the impossibly beautiful Army Captain/busted to Lieutenant in charge of some sort of top secret sting operation, I don't know.  Also the whole "we are all crazy rangers" thing made no sense at all. But as I said the whole story made little sense.

Part of a good movie is the "suspension of disbelief".  The same thing that is needed for a good play.  You have to believe the characters and action is real, even though you know it's acting and special effects.  I found I could not suspend my disbelief long enough to get two bites of popcorn down. The whole thing was unbelievable, and not in a "wow isn't his a great fantasy", or "gee this is so goofy" kind of way. It was just bad, and when it got so convoluted there seemed like no way out, Well, the producers used the old "deus ex CGI" to save the day. Except it didn't.  

I rarely find a movie where I not only don't care about the lead characters, but I actively am rooting for their demise!  The A-Team was the B or really the D-Team.  Don't waste your money and 2 hours of your life.

1 comment:

blackleatherbookshelf said...

Add the fact that the pathetic critter playing the Mr T part is a raging homophobe and now I have even more reasons to skip this, even on DVD.