Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Location Sharing A Bad Idea!

Sometimes just because you can do something you shouldn't. Take the case of sites like Foursquare or the new feature showing your location in Facebook. Yes it is all the rage of social networks, but I can hear my mother's voice now. "Just because everyone else is jumping off a cliff should you?"

If you need a good argument against location tracking visit Please Rob Me. It was created in response to the trend by a bunch of geeks who realized the dangers in announcing to the world where you are...or where you are not, like at home!

OK, so I may be paranoid, but having been burglarized numerous times, I assure you there are folks out there who will use this as a ticket to quick and painless jackpots.

"Oh, you are at Starbucks? Well, I am visiting your unlocked garage and breaking into your house!"

No comments: