Thursday, February 11, 2010

Debra Medina Backtracks on 9/11 Comment

So if you ever want to know what the Tea Party is about,it's about quotes like this one by Debra Medina, Republican "Tea Party" candidate in the GOP primary for Governor of Texas. She was on Glenn Beck and he asked her if the US Government was behind 9/11 to wit she replied:

"I don't have all of the evidence there, Glenn," Medina said. "I think some very good questions have been raised. In that regard there's some very good arguments and I think the American people have not seen all the evidence there."

I suspect that answer wasn't written on her palm, because once her opponents got hold of that she backed away like she had just touched a hot stove. Her official tune is now: "
There is no doubt in my mind that Muslim terrorists flew planes into those buildings on 9/11...."

That's a far cry from "good arguments".

So, like I figured, the Tea Party folks are populists without a clue.

No comments: