Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Protesters Picket Bush's Dallas Residence

It was a scene that made me beam with delight. Driving home through Preston Hollow, the neighborhood where George and Laura live, I ran smack dab into the group of protesters who Cindy Sheehan had lead to the former President's house.

They were a boisterous group and they carried the requisite signs calling for war crime trials and more. Some were residents of the area with signs politely telling Mr. Bush to get out of town. Of the 100 or so who gathered about a dozen additional protesters came to protest the protest. These hapless few held signs at passing cars that said, "Honk if you love George Bush". Traffic was unusually quiet this afternoon. I heard only one honk and I suspect it was an impatient motorist who wanted to make the next traffic light before it changed.

Now if we could just get the former president to pay for all the police that guard his street I would be happy to have him holed up in Preston Hollow. After all, I only have to drive through it, not live there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS WOMAN HAS CAUSED ENOUGH TROUBLE ALREADY, I AM PROUD OF GEORGE W BUSH AND WHAT HE DID FOR THIS COUNTRY TO KEEP IT SAFE