Saturday, January 24, 2009

House Republicans Jabber On For 40 Minutes About Bush The Lionhearted

I have heard people tell me that I live in a fantasy world to expect that things will change after the election of Barack Obama. They tell me Washington is always Washington and it will always be. Well, I choose to believe otherwise. I think I am living in the reality and the others have been blinded by the fog of fantasy. As proof I offer this note about the House Republicans yesterday.

Thay held a 40 minute floor speech extoling the virtues of President Bush. One quote was particularly telling when Trent Franks (R-AZ) said, "President Bush often had to walk like a knowing lion — like a knowing lion, Mr. Speaker, through the chattering of hyenas. … [I]f those critics do not devour themselves in the meantime, Mr. Speaker, they may face the bared teeth of an enemy that will make us all wish the lion still walked among us."

Well Mr. Franks you got your spelling wrong, "Bush walked as a LIAR among us", would be a more correct quote.

Talk about living in a fantasy!

No comments: