Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bill Marriott Responds Boycott Action

OK, so I checked out the contributors to Prop 8 through the data base I linked in the previous post and Bill Marriott is not among the backers. I guess I should take him at his word that he and his company have not supported the Prop 8 initiative.

Here is a statement by him regarding the issue. My apologies to Mr. Marriott for assuming he was part of it, however his church was very active. I cannot in good conscience endorse a boycott of Marriott if the company and family did not back the measure.

I do however still have a big bone to pick with the LDS church and the $22 million+ they put into the ballot initiative.

UPDATE: There are lots of Mormons who are upset with their church position on Prop 8. Here is a site of Mormons who have protested or resigned the church over it!

1 comment:

libhom said...

Bill Marriott's statement is deceptive. His family has given a shitload of money to the Mormon Church, which in turn financed much of the effort for Prop. 8.

The Marriott's certainly indirectly donated to Prop 8. There is no way to be a Mormon without financing the racist, sexist, and heterosexist crusades of the Mormon Church.