Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Teens In Diapers" And Other Weird Searches

Once and a while I examine the stats from my site to see who is visiting and where they come from. It's always an enlightening experience.

Last year I ran a couple of stories about the Globe Magazine and its "Laura Wants a Divorce" story. It appeared numerous times at the supermarket checkout stand and though it may or may not have a shred of truth it was interesting because it showed that the country had fallen out of love with the Bush family. Back in 2001 such a story would not sell papers, it would most likely result in threats against the publisher. Not so today.

That story resulted in a ridiculous number of hits on my site searching for "Bush divorce" in the search engines. Well times have changed. Now I get lots of hits because of a story I ran months ago about a Christian youth group who played a game where the teenage boys had to wear diapers. It caused a brief outrage and showed a real lack of restraint on the part of the counselors at the group.

That story is now where most of my hits are coming from. That was months ago and yet hundreds of people are searching for "teens in diapers" in the search engines. I have to wonder if the whole diaper thing hasn't become one of America's more popular fetishes? Go figure?

Personally, I was hoping most of the visitors to this site are seeking my sage opinions on political matters. Oh yea, this is the internet we are talking about!

No comments: