Saturday, November 24, 2007

Australia Gives Howard The Boot

I rarely look at politics down under, but the stunning defeat for John Howard and the conservatives of Australia really give me hope. For years Howard’s conservative faction held a grip on politics in Australia. The election this week which delivered 81 seats of he 150 in parliament to the Labor Party.

Unlike the GOP leadership in the US, Howard took full responsibility for the defeat. ``I accept full responsibility for the Liberal Party campaign, and I therefore accept full responsibility for the coalition's defeat in this election campaign,'' Howard said in his concession speech in Sydney.

A key part of his oppositions platform was immediately signing the Kyoto Protocols and withdrawing from Iraq. Sound familiar?

1 comment:

Ted McLaughlin said...

I like your blog very much.

I am the state editor of BlogNetNews. We are a national blog aggregator with a page for each state, and are trying to collect all blogs that post about the state's news, politics and events.

I have added your blog to our service. I hope you don't mind. It will cost you nothing, and may actually increase your readership.

If you would like to link back to us, it would be appreciated. But it is not a requirement.

Ted McLaughlin
Texas Editor
http://blognetnews.com/texas/
tedmcl@gmail.com